|Total Time: 30 Min||Prep Time: 10 Min||Difficulty: Low|
|Serving: 4||Type: Appetizer||Cost: Low ($1 ~ $20)|
- 4 Scallops
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of Butter
Lattice Flour Décor
- 1 Tbsp. of Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1/4 tsp of Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Can Grapefruit
- 1 Tbsp. of Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp. of Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. of Salt
- 1 tsp of Flour
- 2 tsp of Water
1. Open, drain, and rinse the grapefruit with water. Place the grapefruit in the blender, turn it up on high until it becomes liquid. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch(from the Grapefruit Reduction's section) with water and mix the mixture. Set aside.
2. Pour the grapefruit juice into a sauce pan through a strainer to remove pulp and fiber. Use a spoon to squeeze out the pulp and fiber through the strainer to release juice. Turn the heat on high. Once the grapefruit in the sauce pan starts to boil, add heavy cream, butter, and salt. Dissolve butter in the mixture. Add cornstarch mixture into the grapefruit sauce for 1 min. Turn the heat off and let the grapefruit sauce cool down for 3 min or when it becomes a thick saucy consistency.
3. On a separate sauce pan, turn on high heat. Once the pan gets hot, add a dash of oil. Pour flour mixture from step 1 into the pan. Once the flour starts to turn golden brown, turn off the heat. Remove lattice flour from the pan and place it on a flat surface. Use a cookie cutter ring to cut lattice flour into a circular shape.
4. Defrost 8 scallops to room temperature. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the pan until hot then add a dash of oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat. Once the oil is hot, add the scallops to the pan. Sear the scallops on the first side for 30 seconds until a brown crust has formed then flip and cook for another 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to medium and immediately add 2 Tablespoons of butter. Spoon the butter over the scallops, tilting the pan to get butter on your spoon. Continue spooning the sauce over the scallops for another 30 seconds.
5. Transfer scallops to cool down for few minutes. In a small bowl, spread the grapefruit sauce in the center and use the back of the spoon to flatten the center. Place two scallops on each end. Place the lattice flour in the center of plate between scallops with a slight tilt. Place a parsley in the intersection between scallop and lattice flour. Enjoy!